It is that time of the year to have a dental exam, so why not schedule an appointment with us. Somerset Dental Associates reviews the initial exam, then one of our dentists will create a customized dental treatment individualized for you. This serves as a guide for yourself and your dental team who plan on giving you a healthy mouth. The services you will receive will vary based upon the first exam.
A general dentist serves as your primary care dental provider. This dentist diagnoses, treats, and manages your overall oral health care needs. This includes gum care, root canals, fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, as well as preventive education.
Here is what you should expect during your first dental evaluation:
• A thorough review of your medical history. Explain to the dentist about your recent diet and medications that you are taking. These factors may impact any treatment you receive and your overall oral health.
• Having a conversation with your dentist. Discuss with the dentist about any concerns you may have regarding your teeth, mouth, or overall oral health. We actually encourage you to ask questions during this time.
• X-ray’s, if necessary, to see your teeth below the gum line.
• An oral exam which does include a visual gum tissue check and visual oral cancer scan.
• An all-inclusive treatment plan, with recommended treatment and ongoing care from your dentist.
Your dentist will adapt your all-inclusive treatment plan, including forthcoming hygiene appointments, based upon your first dental exam.
Your dentist will adapt your all-inclusive treatment plan, including forthcoming hygiene appointments based upon your first dental exam. Treatment could begin as soon as the day following your first exam.